Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut your carrots into a size you like. But try and keep them at least 1/2 an inch and try to make them all similar in size. For presentation you might want to cut on a diagonal or possibly into large rectangles.
- Toss the carrots in about 1 Tbsp olive oil or other quality oil like grape seed oil. Butter also tastes great.
- Salt and pepper. This does help enhance the taste. Especially the salt. Even if I am making a sweet roasted carrot dish it helps.
- Place carrots on a roasting sheet sprayer with cooking spray to avoid sticking. Roast for 15 minutes. This should be enough time to make the carrots soft enough to eat unless you have thick carrots.
- I like the carrots to have some browned areas but I find that only 15 minutes isn’t enough to get browned areas. But if I cook them for too long at the low heat they can get a little bit over cooked. So I hit them with the broil setting (500 or 550 degrees) for NOT very long. In fact, I watch them as it can often only take 3-5 minutes of the high heat.
- Garnish if you like… and enjoy!
Option to spice up roasted carrots?
Add honey and mint
Add spices when you add the oil. For example: garlic and thyme, rosemary
Add some balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar after initial roasting then put back in oven until liquids absorbed.
Add lemon zest
Add Dijon mustard to the oil
Add a vinaigrette after cooking